The establishment of Center of Research and Development was decided by School Affairs Committee of National Tainan Teachers' College in 2000. Approved by the Ministry of Education, the Center was founded in 2003 and initially located in the historical Crimson Building. The inaugural Director was Dr. Mei-Chun Yin, professor of Education Department. With the change of school name from National Tainan Teachers’ College to National University of Tainan (NUTN) on August 1, 2004, the Center replaced its original name with Office of Research and Development.
Goal of Establishment
We aim to enhance the academic achievements of NUTN, coordinate collaborative research projects, promote international interaction and cooperation, and strengthen the relationships between NTNU and industries.
There are 3 divisions in our offices:
- The Division of Academic Development
- The Innovation Incubation Center
- The Division of Plan Service
- To coordinate the publication of Journal of National University of Tainan.
- To post E-Paper on the school website, which presents the updated information of important events.
- To evaluate colleges and departments.
- To reward the departments and administrative units with excellent performance in the past year.
- To facilitate academic cooperation with foreign colleges, university and other educational institutions.
- To provide information and assistance for international students.
- To receive visiting scholars and arrange their itineraries.
- To help faculty apply for the grants or subsidies provided by the Ministry of Education, the National Science Council and other non-profit organizations.
- To help faculty obtain financial supports to host national and international scholastic activities: conferences, seminars workshops, art exhibits and so forth.
- To promote the collaborative projects with industries and enterprises.